Friday, March 18, 2011

Success

Read an eBook Week at Smashwords.com was successful for many people and Smashwords as well. I sold some books and was elated about that, of course. But many others sold books too and I am excited for them as well. Success is an interesting word. True success doesn't come in selling a book, but in the message the words bring to someone else. If the reader gets the message or finds joy or self-discovery within the pages or learns something valuable, it is then the author has found success.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting perspective...I like that! And I guess when you're lucky you get to hear back from those people you touch, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I appreciate the visit and the comment. Yes, that is what makes writing rewarding.

    ReplyDelete

Read an eBook today and escape reality for awhile. It soothes you for the return to the real world.